Thursday, October 15, 2015

Mini Butterfly Canvas

I got to play with my Faber-Castell Gelatos on a mini art canvas that came with a small art set, given to me for my birthday. I made a mini piece of art!

Supplies:
Gelatos: Lemon, Red Cherry and Tangerine
Mini Canvas
Paint Brush
Water
Glue
Small die cut paper Butterflies
Red Rubber stamp butterfly
PITT Artist Pen Big Brush Light Cobalt Turquoise #154

I colored a striped background across the min canvas using each color of the Gelatos. I followed that with a wet paint brush blending the Gelatos across. After the stripes were dry I colored on the butterfly stamp with the PITT Pen and stamped the butterfly at an angle on to the canvas. I glued the small white butterflies to the canvas.

Come back often and see what I do next with my new art supplies!

I entered this mini art pieces in the challenge at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge:
 http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/1st-october-2015-world-wide-open-design.html


6 comments:

Andrea Beecroft said...

A very sweet project I do love your butterflies. Thank you for sharing with us over at the World Wide Open design Team Challenge No#4. Good luck with your entry. Hugs Andrea DT

Vicki said...

Lovely project! Thank you for entering the WWODT Challenge. Best of luck with you entry.
Vicki, DT

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Very beautiful.
Thank you for entering our World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #04 and best of luck with your entry.
Annette DT Leader
Don't forget, we will be holding the "Champion of champions" DT Challenge in March 2016 for all of the winners from all categories from these monthly challenges throughout the year.

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is just beautiful thank you for joining us at the WWODTC
Michelle DT

Linette said...

This is really beautiful.
Thank you for joining us at WWODT Challenge.
Good luck

Greetz Linette (DT)

Linette said...

This is really beautiful.
Thank you for joining us at WWODT Challenge.
Good luck

Greetz Linette (DT)