Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Special Masculine Birthday Card

Most people find it difficult to design masculine cards, I know I do. Well when I need to be inspired I look around the internet. I found a card with a cute saying and paper cuts, but I'm so sorry I don't remember where I found it.

If you have been keeping up with my cancer journey, you know that, I have been to many doctor's offices and have had a couple of surgeries. Throughout this ordeal my husband has supported me in every possible way; not just taking me to offices, but helping me to make the difficult decisions. He even shops and provides me with healthy food choices to heal my foot and maybe kill any remaining cancer cells. So for my special guy, I want to give a very special birthday card.

I used my Cricut Gypsy with the Cricut Classic Font cartridge to cut the words and my Cricut cartridge "Paper Doll Dress Up" for the two deer. Wood grain cardstock and cardstock printed with leaves make an attractive background and still let the blue cardstock sentiment show. Some smaller details were enhanced with a white Gelly Roll marker.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SANDY!

6 comments:

Ronni Howard said...

What a super saying and idea.. So unusual and unique..All of your ideas are so special.... I am so glad he was there for you!! R. Howard

Lindsay Weirich said...

that is so cute!

Christine said...

Soooo cute!!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

Unknown said...

It is definitely hard to find cards for the guys - my husband is a hunter so he would get a great kick out of this idea! I'd love it if you would share on Sweet Saturday at http://www.aprilscountrylife.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

What a sweet card, very cute. Thanks for linking up, and wishing you the very best on your recovery!

Michelle Day said...

Carla,
Super cute card. I love the deer. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share next week. Have a great weekend.
Michelle