Friday, May 4, 2012

The Perfect Gift

This special canvas made for my best friend Vickie, was made using the Fancy Frames and Flower Shoppe Cricut cartridges.

I've lived in Florida since 1998 and for many years since then Vickie and I have been good friends. I can easily say that my life would have been much different and pretty boring had I not met her. I've learned to love the stage and karaoke (get this straight now, no I don't sing well). I have other good friends due to my friendship with Vickie. I was and still am sad that she needed to move to Tampa, but I know being near her family is important to my best friend.

Five years ago we dressed up for a masquerade party and my husband snapped  a photo of Vickie fixing my costume, after I had popped a seam. I love this shot...aren't we cute?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty CArla, I'm sure she will love it!

Michelle Day said...

Beautiful card. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

Michelle

Carla's Cards said...

Thanks for the comments on my canvas gift for my best friend!

Unknown said...

This turned out very lovely Carla! Thank you for sharing these beautiful designs and linking up this week. :-)

Charlene@APinchofJoy said...

A beautiful card! Good friends are so wonderful to have! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again next week!

Unknown said...

I love this frame. It's so pretty. I'm sure your friend loved it. Thanks so much for sharing at whimsy Wednesdays.

Taylor @ Pink Heels Pink Truck said...

Beautiful canvas! Thank you for linking it up at my Unveil Your Genius link party last week! I hope you'll link up again soon! :)
http://taylornorris.blogspot.com/2012/05/unveil-your-genius-link-party-11.html