Sunday, October 2, 2011

Family Altered Canvas

A few weeks ago I discovered wooden words, covered in colorful prints, in a dollar bin at Michaels. These are a good size and quality to be a focal point on a canvas. My daughter-in-law's mom loves the color green, so that was my choice, a plaid with some green. I got some 12"x12" canvases on sale and painted one navy blue. Two 5"x7" canvas boards were painted green.


I made a flower from Recollections "Floral Embellishments" and adhered each of my items to the navy canvaswith Glossy Accents a product by Inkssentials. My daughter-in-law's mom can adhere any pictures of the family on those two green panels and show off, what a wonderful family we have. I really enjoy finding new ways to use the many diffwerent size canvas that are available. Have fun!

4 comments:

Lindsay Weirich said...

love how you layered the canvas, very dimentional!

Karima said...

Looks Fab - saw you on linky party and now gfc following you, Karima

Mindie Hilton said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing your canvas at Bacon Time.

Anonymous said...

This turned out so cute! I love finding great dollar items! Thanks so much for participating in the Stache Party this month! I hope you'll come back next month, too!
Steph
mylilpumpkinpatch.blogspot.com